Friday, February 22, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/ Weekly Wrap-Up


In my life this week.....We are enjoying the last week of Christmas decorations. After Sunday, the Baptism of our Lord, we will begin the process of taking the decorations down. We will start with the outdoor lights since we are going to have temperatures in the high 60"s. I am super excited. Before Christmas, I started watching what I ate and after the New Year I took all gluten out of my diet. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Celiac disease but have been really bad at sticking with. I did really well at first but then I started gaining weight and gave it up. So this week, I hit the 8 pound mark of my weight loss. I am sticking with fresh fruits, fresh veggies and lean meats. I cut out all the convenient gluten-free foods you find in the store. I find them to be high in calorie. My goal is to lose 25 more pounds. To help track my progress I am using My Fitness Pal. It's a free weight loss site.

In our home school week.....We started back to school this week. Our first two days were great and went off without a hitch. We started studying owls, Pocahontas and Jamestown, and the state of Pennsylvania. On Wednesday, we headed to the library to get the books we needed for school. We then went to violin lessons for Princess P.  I am so proud how well she is doing. Her teacher is a wonderful older lady(she's old enough to be my grandmother) that loves the children. After violin lessons, we headed to a friend's house to have fun with some science experiments. I forgot my camera to record the experiments. After their science class, the kids had a blast just playing and hanging out. It's always a good day when kids can play with their friends and mama can have a chat with a friend too. Thursday and Friday were normal school days. We worked on our Pennsylvania lap book, painted and carved clay. What a wonderful way to end the week.

What the kids are reading....Lego Man is reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series on his own.

and Princess P is reading the Annie and Snowball series written by Cynthia Rylant.



What I am Reading.......Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon



What I am working on.....Princess P received a sewing machine for Christmas from her grandpa. She was super excited. So this week, we started working on the skirts she wanted to make. We went to the fabric store last week so we had everything we needed. I am trying to finish up a knit scarf for Princess P and a good friend. I hope I finish them next week. I am hoping to attempt a more difficult knitting project next. So far I have done a scarf for Princess P  and her doll last year. I do have to do a scarf for my niece's dolls too. She ask when she was over for Christmas.

What I am praying for......I am praying for a more peaceful year. Last year was filled with so much uncertainty. I just want a calm year that goes smoothly. No major illnesses, no job loss, no fear, and no drama.



Linked to Homeschool  Mothers Journal, Weekly Wrap-UpLive and Learn7 Quick Takes, and Friendship Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram