Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Stations of the Cross

During Lent, most Catholic churches have the Stations of the Cross.




This week for my CCD class, we learned about the Stations of the Cross.

While waiting for their class mates to arrive, the children worked on coloring the Stations of the Cross.
While looking for some coloring pages of the Stations, I found plenty of sites with full coloring pages of all 14 Stations.




These coloring pages are beautiful but with limited time I wanted to find a coloring sheet with all the Stations on it. Thankfully I was able to find it!


The sheet prints out on two pages, but they are perfect for a classroom setting.

After our morning prayers, we had a Stations of the Cross Scavenger game. I took the Stations of the Cross pictures and placed them randomly around the room. The children had to locate them and then sit down. Once all the stations had been found, the children took turns reading the Stations. We went in order and I had the children come up to the front and read their card. After reading, they placed them on the board for all to see.

I found a nice set of the Stations of the Cross at That Resource Site.
I printed them on card stock and laminated them so I could reuse them each year.
That Resource Site also has a whole lot of other resources that can be used for learning about the 
There are mini books, word searches and note booking pages that can be used.

We read the book


It can be ordered from The Catholic Company.

After reading the The Way of the Cross. My assistant brought out a small trivia/board game that tested their knowledge and listening skills.




Here is a online game about the Station of the Cross.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love these ideas, Monique!
    Great resources...thank you for linking all the sites for this awesome stuff!

    Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram