Friday, May 3, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap

In our homeschool this week.....Cleaning and.fun! On Monday, the kids spent their day cleaning their rooms. It amazes how long they can take to clean a room. Better yet, it amazes me how messy they can get their rooms withing 2 days. As a treat for all their hard work, I made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert that night. Tuesday, we finished our Georgia scrapbook page. We read about George Washington Carver since Georgia is known for peanuts. We went on our last field trip for the year with our co-op. We visited an animal park nearby.



After 2 days of rain, we enjoyed the sunshine. They kids loved seeing the animals and hanging out with their friends. Thursday, we studied about the ancient Roman empire and plants some of our seeds for the garden. Our strawberry patch is starting to get blooms. The kids are looking forward to eating them. Friday, we headed to the eye doctor to pick up Princess P's new glasses.

In my life this week.....Rain and migraines. Yesterday was my third day of a migraine. Thankfully it seems to be slowly ending!

What I am working on.......laundry as usual. I have started working on Princess P's First Communion dress. She is so excited and can't wait to have it finished.


Mama has a lot of work to do. Her First Communion is in 2 weeks. We played around today with her hair trying to figure out how she wants to wear it. She is still debating on gloves.

What the kids are working on......Lego Man has been building a Lego dog house for a Lego contest he saw in a magazine. He could win a $100 gift card, something he would love to have! Princess P is finally working on a skirt.


She cut the pattern and fabric out all by herself. She has finished sewing about half of it. Her goal is to finish it this weekend. She wants to wear it to our end of the year party for co-op.

What we are reading.....I am not reading much of anything. I have been making list of the books I need for next year and finding them online to fit our budget.
Princess P is reading the McGuffey Eclectic Readers set I just bought from a very nice lady.



We are using them with our co-op next year. We started them now to see where they needed to be for the fall.
Lego Man is finishing up Treasure Island.


He says it's O.K., but he liked Swiss Family Robinson better. I need to find some more "boy" books for him to read. The current books out there are filled with too much junk! If you have any suggestions for a 9 year old that reads at a 6th grade level, let me know!

What is occupying my time.....end of the year! We are trying to finish up our lessons. I still have to order the CAT test from Seton for our end of the year testing. I am working on next year's lesson plan. I am still looking for a place that our co-op can meet at. So far 2 churches have said no, 3 haven't gotten back with me and it's been 2 weeks, and my parish still deciding who, what and how they can rent our new hall. We have have been praying to Saint Bridget to intercede on our behalf.



 I have asked for everyone to pray we are given use to use our hall. It's the perfect size and set back off the road. It's just perfect!

What I am praying for......our co-op, my children as they wind up their year, and our nation. It saddens me to see the direction that this country is heading. What type of society are we living in when a 15 year year old can received the morning after pill(yes, it's an abortifacient), but have to have permission from a school nurse to take aspirin. We can't even buy cold medicine without having to show our ID., but our children can buy a drug that will KILL a baby. CRAZY!
If parents are responsible for their children until they reach 18 and now they are own our insurance until 27, I think we have a right to know what they are taking.
You can read more about it here. Any drug has harmful side effects. As parent, who gave birth and who is raising my child, I have the right to know! My child belongs to me and not the state.
I worry about the society my kids will live in. If we have no respect for the smallest and most helpless life, what will be next.


"The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between."
Mother Teresa


Linking up with.....The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up7 Quick Takes, 



1 comment:

  1. It IS pretty amazing how quickly those rooms get messy again! And I never can understand why the kids will make them messy again after spending hours cleaning them! My youngest and I just cleaned his bedroom. Wonder how long it'll look nice? LOL

    Ouch on the migraines!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram