Friday, February 28, 2014

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap Up

~1~
In our homeschool this week
On Monday, we went on a field trip with our homeschool group. We visited a local children's museum in our area and learned about water, wind, and weather. The kids had fun learning while hanging out with their friends


Tuesday and Wednesday were regular old school days. The kids worked on their regular subjects. We did start reading Minn of the Mississippi by Holling C. Holling. We will be spending the next 9 weeks on this book. I love when children learn through great literature. I am trying to come up with a few fun lesson ideas to go along with this book.
Thursday, the kids drew a picture of a snapping turtle to go along with our Minn of the Mississippi lesson. 
While drawing, they listened to Johann Strauss. He is the composer we will be listening to and learning about this semester. 
Friday was an easy day. We had finished a lot of are lessons up during the rest of the week. We started our artist study. We will be studying Vincent Van Gogh.

~2~
In my life this week
We have cleaned up half of the house. I have started making piles of stuff to throw away or donate. For the past 2 years, I have done the 40 bags in 40 days during Lent. It always amazes me how much stuff/junk we can accumulate in a year. It's like dust bunnies. They just multiply under the couch. 
I am almost caught up on laundry. My goal is not to fall behind again at least not for a few months. 
It may be wishful thinking on my part.
We ordered all our seeds for the garden this year. I am so excited to get started on our garden. We have peas, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, flowers, etc. 


~3~
What I have been working on
I have completed the photo albums for 2008! Now I only have all the photos from 2009 to the present to work on. Hopefully I can catch up soon.
I now have to work on the children's scrapbooks. I just have to add Christmas to their 2008 book and then I can move onto 2009.

~4~
What the kids are reading
Lego Man is still reading the Hobbit. He is enjoying it immensely. 
Princess P put reading on hold this week. She asked me to read to her each night this week. We have been reading some of storybooks off her shelves that we haven't read in awhile. She still isn't feeling great, so I think she just wanted to relax and unwind before bed. It's not fun to read when you have a headache. I hope she starts to feel better soon. I'll be very happy when she is 100% again.

~5~
Craziness in our week
Maddie has been a wild thing the past few nights.


 Running around the house, chasing the cats, leaping over furniture, and stealing food off the table. I will be so happy when it's finally warm out so we can take her for long walks and she can play in the creek.
She has so much energy that needs to be let out. 

~6~
What I am sewing
I am still woring on a wool skirt that I bought at the thrift store. It was way too big and I am taking it apart and remaking it. I started it and now I am thinking of putting it on hold until next winter. My goal is to lose 20 pounds, so I would hate to finish it and have it be too big. 
I may just put it aside and start on some skirts for Princess P.

~7~
New recipes I've tried
The kids have been asking for banana muffins, so after letting the bananas ripen I made some. I altered two recipes, my grandmother's recipe and a streusel recipe. I changed the recipes and created a gluten free version. The kids loved them. They are moist and a little spongy. I used 4 bananas, so I am thinking of adding 1 less next time. They do have an amazing banana flavor though!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram