Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



As I look out my window.....
I see the rustle of leaves as the wind blows gently. More and more leaves have tints of red, orange, and yellow. They look like they have been dipped into paint. Fall is definitely coming. A few of the trees are almost bare.


Right now I am....
Drinking coffee and collecting the supplies needed for another day of co-op. The kids are excited to see their friends again on a weekly basis. I'm sure in a few weeks they will be back to begging to sleep in.

Thinking and Pondering.....
I'm trying to imagine what it's like to have to say goodbye to your precious child. Right now, a wonderful lady is having to do just that. After being blessed with her beautiful daughter for 22 years, she is slowly having to say goodbye. I see so much strength in her and yet I know she is struggling. How do you say goodbye? How do just sit back and watch? How do you stay behind? My heart breaks for Mary as she has to carry this cross. Mary has shared her journey with her daughter and so many of us have been blessed by knowing Miss Courtney. Please say a prayer for Mary and her family as they travel this difficult road.

Listening to...
Gregorian Hymns from our Chant Kit Cd. I find the chants so peaceful and calming. We are also listening to classical music from the renaissance time period.

What I am Reading...
I am finishing up the book about Saint Rita of Cascia. I am now reading Trim Healthy Mama.




What's on the dinner menu...
Sunday~ Chicken Wings 
Monday~ Shredded Crock Pot Chicken and Salad
Tuesday~ Stuffed Peppers with Turkey Burger & Black Beans
Wednesday~Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops and Green Beans
Thursday~ Honey Mustard Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, and Peas
Friday~ Gluten Free Pizza
Saturday~ Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs

What I am creating this week....
I'm not quite sure. I would like to get a few new skirts sewn for Princess P. Some of her skirts are a little too short now. I have to get a new iron before I can start sewing again. My iron just died while I was ironing a shirt. So I am now looking for a new one..hopefully a better one than I had. It didn't even last a year!

What I am praying for....
Mary and her family. 

Captured







1 comment:

  1. Love your Happy homemaker post. Great dinner ideas! The bacon wrapped pork sounds amazing! My sister used to make these little appetizers around Christmas time when she'd have crowd over....they were chicken strips with cream cheese spread in them and wrapped in pork. Oh my gosh, what a treat! Any trick to your pork,/ bacon? Love that. I may try it!

    I, too, am just so sad over Mary's tragic battle. It's just unreal and yet as you said, she has amazing grace.

    Thanks for the lovely post...See you soon.

    xoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram