Once the weather warms up, I'll head outside and walk around our lovely mountain.
2. Spend More Time in Prayer.....My goal is to start reading the Bible daily and praying the Rosary daily.
3. Clean Out the House....Sadly, we still have a toys for little ones, clothes that my kids haven't worn in a few years. and much more. I really want to get our house clean, organized, and clutter free. Every year, I purge some items, but I always keep a few items for sentimental reasons. I now feel the need to clear out the clutter, so we can spend more quality time together as a family. Clutter makes cleaning a nightmare!
4. Start My Sewing Business.....For the past 2 years, I have been debating on getting back into designing and sewing again. Fear, doubts, and time constraints have held me back. I've gotten my sewing space in order and plan to set aside a few hours a week to get to work. I plan on starting with girl's dresses and skirts. Of course, I'll be sewing clothes for American Girl dolls too.
5. Get Back into Scrapbooking.....Years ago, I started scrapbooks for my children. I did their first 5 years and had every intention on continuing on with it. They love looking back trough their books and I love that once day they will have books to show their children. So my goal is too get back into it and catch up. This will take awhile since I'm about 7 years behind.
6. Stay on Top of Laundry....I know this doesn't sound big, but it is for me. I get behind in laundry, play catch up, and then get behind again. I'm currently trying to catch up and when I do my goal is to do a 1-2 loads a day to stay on top of it all. Wish me luck!
7. Attend Daily Mass.....I know I won't get there everyday, but I plan on trying to get there at least 1 time a week. If I can get that done, I'll then aim for 2 times a week. This of course would be in addition to our Sunday Mass.
8. Work On My Patience....Lets face it, it can be difficult to keep our cool all the time. Kids not listening, complaining about school work & chores, fighting with siblings, etc. The list can be endless. Unfortunately, we moms sometimes lose it. So my goal this year is to stay calm, have patience, and respond with a calm voice. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
9. Read Some Classics.....I love to read! Lately, I've been finding the book selection lacking. So I'm going back to the classics. I want to reread the books I read in high school and college. I'm going to add a few I've never read before too.
10. Rework Our Homeschool Curriculum.......Now that both kids are in Middle School and heading into High School, I feel the need to take a look at our homeschool curriculum. I'm reassessing our plans and goals. I want to have the kids have a little more input into their study choices. They both have area they are interested in and I would love to see where they would like to head. I think if they have some more say, they may enjoy learning even more.
What are your goals this year?
Please Note~ This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to click on a link, add it to your cart and complete your purchase, I will receive a small percentage. We are very grateful for this additional source of income. Thank you.
Make sure you don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Mountain of Grace Homeschooling below and get the post delivered directly to your inbox!