Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday~ April 9, 2018




I haven't done this in awhile, but I am joining Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.

We had a busy weekend. Therese needed some new clothes for summer (not like we need shorts yet here), so we had a fun filled girl's day out shopping. She found a comforter she likes...maybe a gift for her upcoming birthday.


Of course on Sunday, we attended Mass and I taught my religious education class filled with energetic first graders. It was donuts Sunday...need I say more.


Hello Monday Morning~

We woke up to chilly temperatures and snow flurries. Hello spring....where are you? Thankfully, we had a cozy fire already going to stay warm and toasty. I really am ready for sunshine, warm temperatures, and open windows.

After my morning coffee, I headed out to check on the girls and Colonel. They haven't been liking these fluctuating temps either. I took a special treat with and was shocked when our favorite hen didn't show up.




She always comes running for her yummy goodies. Michael headed over to the coop and saw her laying against the wall. Sadly, she had passed away sometime last night. She was a sweet girl, full of spunk, and we will miss having her following us around the yard. Blackberry season will never be the same without her.

Today, we are back to school after a 2 week break for Easter. The kids and I were actually looking forward to getting back to our lessons. I honestly think this was a first.


This week's to do list...

Monday...
Back to school
Laundry
Vacuum, since a certain kitty likes to pull out the Easter grass from the kid's Easter Baskets
Tuesday...
Founding Fathers coop
School
Auditions for Therese
Wednesday...
School
Trip to the library
Laundry
Shooting team practice for Michael
Thursday...
School
Laundry (hoping for warm temps so I can hang out the clothes)
Friday...
School
Homeschool skate in the afternoon
Laser tag with friends
Date night with hubby
Saturday....
No plans yet


What I'm currently reading...
Diary of a Country Priest by George Bernanos

The menu for this week....
Monday~ Leftover pot roast, mashed potatoes, & veggies
Tuesday~Instant Pot Italian Chicken, potatoes, & salad
Wednesday~Lemon Chicken, rice, & green beans
Thursday~Chicken Fried Rice
Friday~ Night Out
Saturday~ ?

Favorite Photo captured...

Mountain of Grace Homescholing


What I'm creating this week~
Absolutely nothing! I need to head to the craft store to get supplies to make some new spring wreaths for the house. Oddly, I can't find my old ones and I can't remember what happened to them.


Words for thought~

Over the past few weeks, I've been planning the kids lessons for next year. We enter high school next year and I'm a tad bit worried. Suddenly it seems so much harder. The self-doubt has definitely set in and i'm constantly worrying about if we are doing the right thing, are they taking the right classes, will they do well, will this prepare them for college, will they succeed in life, etc. Prayers for finding peace during this transition would be greatly appreciated. 




Till Next Time,
Monique




2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the loss of your favorite hen. I tell you...chickens are like family. Loved and miss my girls. Maybe someday we will be in position to have chickens again, but not now. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article. I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram