Sunday, July 27, 2014

Answer Me This...driving and grandparents

Hello friends! Linking up with Kendra over at Catholic All Year again.

1. What's your favorite thing on YouTube?

I have to be honest, we don't watch much YouTube. Our internet connection is not the greatest. Videos and clips take too long to load. Snail mail sent from California would get here faster!
When we do watch it, it's usually videos of cute animals. The shorter the video the faster it loads.

2. Who taught you to drive?

A few different people. My dad and mom usually taught me. My boyfriend and best friend also helped out. My best friend would let me practice driving on the back country roads where we grew up. This wasn't really allowed, but we did it anyway. My boyfriend taught me how to drive a stick in a town of all hills. He was a brave soul!

3. What's your favorite thing to cook?

I love to bake! I have always enjoyed making pies, cakes, and cookies. Now I have to focus more on gluten free baking. I have been trying to change over much loved family recipes, like my grandmother's banana bread recipes, into gluten free recipes.


Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't!

4. Are you a hugger or non-hugger? Why?

It depends. With family and close friends I am a hugger. With people I don't know, I am a non-hugger probably because I am more on the shy side. I don't usually approach people I don't know.

5. Where do you pray best?

I tend to pray better when I am doing things. When I sit down and try to pray when it's quiet, my mind starts to wander. I start thinking about all the things I need to do, what I need at the grocery store, and for some reasons things I have forgotten to do usually pop into my head. Maybe that is God's way of helping me remember?

6. When was the last time you saw/spoke to your grandparents?

Unfortunately, most of my grandparents passed away years ago. My dad's father passed when I was 12. My mom's mother when I was 14. My dad's mother when I was 27. My mom's father, my grandaddy, passed away this past February at the age of 92!


 I was lucky enough to go up and visit him a week before he passed. His health had been deteriorating and his dementia had gotten worse. He didn't know who I was, but I am glad I was able to say goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram