Friday, September 6, 2013

We're Back!

WOW! It's been a month since I posted last.



August has been a crazy, hectic, and fun month. We completed our registration for our CCM co-op. I completed the lesson plans for the science, history, and art classes. I have the binders ready to go to hand over to the teachers. O.K. art is not completely finished, but I'm teaching art so no big deal..right? I have purchased over half off the supplies needed for the classes. All the field trips are planned and scheduled..yeah me! I am 98% positive I will be ready to go when co-op starts next week.

I now have all the lessons done for my kids. I am working on getting the first few weeks organized and ready to go. No searching for materials this year. At least that is my goal.
Chore charts created, printed out, and hung!



CCD outline updated, printed, and ready to go for this Sunday. Can I ask where summer went?
I have a new aid this year. My old aid, a wonderful high school student, moved away with her family. My new aid is in high school, but she has been homeschooled. I am looking forward to working with her this year. I have a big class this year, so far 12 students. I only had 6 last year, so this is a 50% increase. Woo Hoo!


I have organized the school room. This was something I had to do if we wanted to actually start school next week. We couldn't see the table, my desk, or half the floor. Sadly, the school room was the dumping ground for all things co-op related. I love walking in there and seeing it look so neat and tidy!


The last week and a half, we have been on VACATION!!!! A much needed vacation. It had been 2 years since we had gone anywhere. We headed back to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. We love it done there. You can experience a variety of activities. We went to Dollywood, Splash Country, the zoo, and explored the national park. We saw all sorts of fun exciting things. I am going to be posting about our week in the next few days. A lot of great educational ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram