Thursday, April 16, 2015

Traveling Thursdays~ Second Time Around Art Field Trip

We were lucky enough to attend a field trip recently to a local museum for an art tour and fun class about recycling items to make art.

The exhibit was called Second Time Around. It featured art made from hubcaps! When I first heard about the exhibit, I was not that impressed. I definitely lacked imagination about what could be done with an old car hubcap.



Boy, was I wrong!
I had no idea you could create so many beautiful pieces of art work with hubcaps.

Don't believe me?

Have a look for yourself!


A variety of painted scenes.


A space ship, but I see a turtle.




This one looks like it was inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe.




A beautiful sketching.



A color wheel that actual spins!


After the tour of these creative pieces of artwork, the kids got to try their hand at making their own hubcap art.
With simple tin pie plates and various media, they got to work.



                                            


 
     
    

A Flower Garden









A Bubbling Creek






Till next time, 
~Monique


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! So very amazing! And then they attempted their own. What a fun project and great way of pulling it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram