Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Lady of Guadalupe~ December 12, 2012


We read Our Lady of Guadalupe by Tomie dePaula.


We colored a coloring page of Our Lady of Guadalupe from Waltzing Matilda.

While looking for ideas for this feast day, I found a cute craft for younger ones. All you need is a brown paper bag, glue, scissors, and a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  I am thinking of using this for my CCD class next year.

I found this Our Lady of Guadalupe grotto craft from Catholic Child. I didn't have time to order it before the feast day. Maybe I'll get it for next year. I may even try to make it using supplies from our craft bin.


We made tissue paper flowers.





I cut pink and red tissue paper into squares.



Fold the tissue paper in an accordion style.




Pinch middle together and tie a pipe cleaner around the middle.

Make sure it's tied fairly tightly.




Gently pull the different sheets of tissue paper to the middle.



Roses for Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Princess P enjoyed this craft so much, she made 16 tissue roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram