Please note that posts may contain affiliate links. If you choose to click on a link, add it to your cart, and complete your purchase, I will receive a small percentage. We are very grateful for this additional source of income. Thank you.
Good morning, friends! How is it already the middle of September! It still feels like it was just June to me. We had some warm, muggy days this weekend, but the temps are dropping this week, so I guess fall is right around the corner.
I hope y'all had a wonderful. Of course it flew by again. It always seems to do that, doesn't it? Saturday, we ran errands. We needed chicken feed and I got some beautiful mums for the porch. On Sunday, Peanut and I went to church. He was so well behaved. After Mass, I had my first Sunday school class for the year. I have 22 little first graders and mostly boys! This is going to be a fun but chaotic year I'm thinking. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!
After class, I came home relaxed a bit and just hung out with Peanut. He's starting to crawl or butt scooch. Either way, he's on the move.
So, let's get started with Happy Homemaker Monday with our beautiful hostess, Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to stop in, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and say hi.
The Weather in My Neck of the Woods~
It was so stick and muggy this past weekend. The temps were lower, but we still couldn't turn off the air. I did turn it off this morning. It's nice and cool. The temps drop 20 degrees today. We are getting a few days of rain. All day rain, but we need it.
Monday~ Cloudy with rain, 63/55**
Tuesday~ Rain, 58/48*
Wednesday ~ Rain, 55/46*
Thursday~ Rain, 58/41*
Friday~ Sunny, 63/45*
Saturday~ Sunny 66/49*
Sunday~ Sunny, 67/51*
As I Look Out My Window~
It's still pretty dark out. That's one thing I hate about the fall. I hate getting up when it's dark out. I prefer the beautiful colors of the morning sun. I can just start to see the outline of my flowers on the porch. The crows are calling to each other. We have a flock of about 8 that have lived here all summer. They're loud, but they've kept the hawks away, so I don't mind.
Every now and then, I hear the call of an owl. I can hear the grasshoppers too. They have started to make their grand appearance. I hate walking through the grass when they arrive. They flew up and always seem to fly at your face.
Thinking and Pondering~
Oh my, there is so much to do. We have to baby proof the house. I'm cleaning and organizing the basement. There's so much to do, but it gets tricky when you have a little one to take care of. I need to figure out how to keep my Sunday school class engaged and yet have fun. With so many boys, I know it's going to be rambunctious in there.
I've already started planning for Christmas. The days just seem to be slipping by.
How I'm Feeling~
I'm feeling pretty good. We went to Lancaster, Pa for Labor Day weekend. Therese had to work, so my hubby, Peanut, and went. We went to the Green Dragon Market in Pa. They had some great produce and baked goods. Unfortunately, I felt a lot of the stands were junk. If I lived local, I'd probably go for the produce but that's about it. We did do some antique shopping and enjoyed the drive through the country. We took Peanut to a petting zoo that was on a local Amish farm. It was very cute. They were also selling homemade cheeses and baked good.
What's on My Nightstand~
Nothing but my lamp at the moment. The cats were chasing each other, so they knocked everything off yesterday. Blue is a crazy kitten.
What's for Breakfast~
Right now, I'm drinking my coffee with my collagen and a splash of milk. I'll probably have eggs later or maybe a protein shake.
Looking Around the House~
I need to vacuum and mop. We have to finish baby proofing the house since Peanut is scooting around the house. We put out fall decor last week. Peanut loved the window clings I bought.
On My To-Do List This Week~
Laundry (lots and lots of it)
Clean the bathroom
Organize sewing room
Organize the pantry
Babyproof
Vacuum
Mop
Weed the front flower bed (it looks like a jungle)
Happening This Week~
Monday~ Watch Peanut
Tuesday~ Watch Peanut
Wednesday~ Watch Peanut
Thursday~ Bible Study
Friday~ Run errands, Visit Michael at the firehouse & Watch Peanut
Saturday~ Watch Peanut
Sunday~ Mass & Sunday school
On My Reading Pile~
I have ARC books to read by the end of November.
The Empty Nest Experiment by Poppy Corn
The Amalfi Wish by Rosie Donlin
The Long Way Home by Helen Dwyer
Moonlight Shadow Mysteries by Blake Rivers
I finished Age Like a Girl: How Menopause Rewires Your Brain by Dr. Mindy Pelz. There was a lot of hype about this book, but I honestly wasn't impressed. I gave it 3/5 stars.
I started my Bible study group on Thursday. We are doing Ordering Your Priorities from Walking with Purpose. I'm excited about this one!
What I'm Listening To~
Dolly Parton
Fall sounds on YouTtube
Children's music
On TV this week~
Netflix
Grey's Anatomy (for the hundredth time)
The Closer
On the Menu this Week~
Monday~ Chicken Piccata and pasta
Tuesday~ Leftovers
Wednesday~ Not sure
Thursday~ Baked Ziti with salad and bread
Friday~ Night out
Saturday~
Everyone's schedules are crazy, so I need to sit down and see whose home and figure out dinner menus.
What I am Sewing, Quilting, and Creating~
Still nothing. Things are still crazy here and there just hasn't been much time to focus on sewing or crafts. I did find some fabric to work on Peanut's quilt while we were in Lancaster. They have so many nice fabric stores. I wish we lived closer.
Things I want to work on...
Fall wreath
Hem Michael's pants
Peanut's quilt
Fall table runner
My Simple Pleasures~
The crisp cool air on the morning. I love the feel of fall after a hot summer. I just don't like the fact that winter follows.
From the Camera~
Praying For~
My parents
My sister and her family
My husband and son
My daughter and little Peanut
Our country
Friends and family
My 22 first graders
Myself... that this year goes well with so many little ones
Inspirational Quote/Bible Verse/Faith~






.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment