Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Teaching Tuesdays~ Another Year of Sunday School

Please note that posts may contain affiliate links. If you choose to click on a link, add it to your cart, and complete your purchase, I will receive a small percentage. We are very grateful for this additional source of income. Thank you.



Catholic Sunday School


 

Another year of Sunday school teaching has begun. This is my 16th or 17th year now. I've lost count and have no clue anymore. It's been a long time. This year, I have the largest class at church and the largest class I've ever taught. 22 little ones! 7 girls and 15 boys. Prayers for a smooth and successful year are greatly appreciated!


Sunday School

Our theme this year is 
God's Love is Deeper than the Ocean!

Sunday School Bullentin Board


I decorated the door and our main wall with fish and sea life animals. The children each got their own fish on the wall.

Jelly fish prayer charts

For our prayer tracking, I created a Jelly fish wall. Each child has a jelly fish on the wall and has a bubble with the prayers we are learning this year. 
We'll work on the Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and the Guardian Angel. 
During class, before we have our snack, we'll say the blessing before meals prayers.

Catholic Prayers

I still have most of the same areas up in my classroom. We'll use them at different times throughout the year. 



When should I pray wall.
These little posters are great for when I we talk about why, when, and how we should pray!

When should I Pray wall

Our Bible map. This map is great for showing the children where our stories took place. We focus on the Old Testament, and this is a wonderful addition to our lessons. 


Bible Map

We have our poster board up to add our saints and virtues to each week. Each week I introduce the children to a new saint and a new virtue that goes along with our saint. We add a picture of the saint and virtue to the posters. AT the end of the year, they are filled. 

Saint  and Virtue Wall

Underneath our saint and virtue wall is our pray table. 
I just used an extra table and covered it with plastic tablecloth and added a few items to the table.

Monstrance craft (ideas here)
Felt Rose Rosary  (learn how to make)



Catholic Prayer Table

I have posters up for the Armor of God. It's a lesson we will do later on in the year. 
The children always enjoy looking at it, especially the boys. 

Armor of God Cut Outs

Last but not least, Jesus and the twelve apostles wall. I made these years ago using basic construction paper and my trusty laminator. They've faded over the years, so plan is it redo them this year. 

Twelve Apostles wall



Enjoyed this post? 

Never miss out on future posts by following us


Till Next Time,

Monique










No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram