Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up

(this post contains affiliate links)

~1~
In our homeschool this week
Well, we have completed our first week back to school. I have to say it went rather well. We usually start back in September, but we are trying a new thing.....six weeks of school and then a week off. I am hoping the week off will allow us to stay on track, take more field trips, and have some fun.


~2~
In my life this week
I have been busy preparing for our co-op this year, getting our school room organized (still working on it), and finishing up my lesson plans, lessons planned.
I am working on an alphabet book and number book for our preschool class at co-op. It's fun to work on projects for little ones. I'll share the finished project when I get them done!

~3~
In our life this week
Well, we got back to school, since we were focused on that. We did got to the library. Other than that not much went on.



Just enjoying the last few days of summer. It sure is passing by quickly!

~4~
What I am working on
Laundry, laundry and more laundry. I have started cleaning out closets again and I have 5 bags to drop off at our local donation site. A bag of boy's clothes for a friend. It amazes me how much stuff we can accumulate. I have cut out a dress to start sewing. Now all I have to do is find the time to sew it.
I did make Princess P three skirts out of old dresses that no longer fit her.

~5~
What the kids are reading
Lego Man is reading Redwall by Brian Jacques.



Princess P is reading the American Girl Kaya books.



~6~
What I am Reading
The Writing Road to Reading. We are starting this program with Lego Man this year, so I am reading the books so I understand what we need to be doing.



and
Boy's Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men by Leonard Sax.




~7~
A New Quilt
After painting our room this past spring, we have finally found a quilt that I liked. I have been searching for months now and hadn't been able to find one I like. I really wanted a blue and yellow quilt, but with 3 cats, a dog, and kids we thought it would get stained to quickly. So I settled for a blue, green, and tan quilt. Now I have to make curtains and find a bed skirt. We ordered from a company named Tache and I was so surprised to receive a hand written thanking us for purchasing from them and a number to contact if we had any problems or concerns. It was a nice gesture that is too often overlooked now.







1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!
    Great update...thx for the Redwall reminder..... Right now Timmy and I are reading Because of Winn Dixie...ever read it? We are loving it...we'll tackle redwall next.

    Good for you on the closets...I need to do that!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram