Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What's for dinner this Friday? Shrimp Scampi

Last Friday, I decided to make Lego Man one of his favorite dishes....Shrimp Scampi. He loves getting it for dinner at an Italian restaurant near my mom's house. So I searched online and found an easy recipe online. I found it on Simply Recipes. Of course, I had to change it up a little to fit our needs.



Ingredients

1 pound of shrimp...I used frozen and just thawed it overnight
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Parsley


Directions

Place butter and olive oil in saute pan. Mix the butter and oil together on high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute the garlic until it is slightly browned. 

Add shrimp. Add the wine and stir to coat the shrimp in the butter wine sauce. Make sure the shrimp are in a single layer. Bring sauce to a boil.  Boil the shrimp and wine for about 2-3 minutes. 
Flip the shrimp to cook the other side. Cook on high for 2 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir to mix the ingredients.

Serve on rice or pasta. 
We used gluten free pasta and it was delicious!



Till next time, 
~Monique


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I just pinned it so I can come back and be sure I have all the ingred! Shrimp, garlic, butter...sounds great...... I think I'll do it this Friday too.

    Thanks for sharing!


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram