Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Classically Catholic Memory Delta Year~ Week 2 The Sacrament of Confirmation

We continued on with our lessons on the sacraments with the Sacrament of Confirmation.


Dove of the Holy Spirit
Bernini
Vatican

Neither of my kids have made this sacrament yet, but will be in the next few years. We spent a little more time on this sacrament since they hadn't received it yet.

We read all about the sacrament in the Baltimore Catechism and then we went over the lesson about the  Sacrament of Confirmation I found online.

After our discussion, I had them watch this wonderful talk that Father Barron gives on the Sacrament of Confirmation.




Michael and Therese then worked on a few worksheets that went along with the lesson.
Confirmation Worksheet
A lesson on the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit for older kids with a wonderful video.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit Worksheet

For a fun way for them to learn about the Seven Gifts of the Holy, they worked on a Gifts of the Holy Spirit Craft from Catholic Inspired.




Finally to close out the lesson on the Sacrament of Confirmation, I did a an interactive lesson. I originally found the main idea online a few years ago and sadly, I do not remember where I found it. I did change it a little to fit my younger religious education classes.
I created a simple print out if you want to do it at home your kids! You can find it here.

                                          photo 19dbef6b-9cdb-4ef9-a1fc-d1f09c1d51b7.png
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram