Please Note~ This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to click on a link, add it to your cart, and complete your purchase, I will receive a small percentage. We are very grateful for this additional source of income. Thank you.
Welcome back, friends! We had an eventful weekend. My hubby took off on Friday so Michael and he could change the oil in the cars and trucks. They also took a few of the vehicles to get their state inspection. Fun times! We then had a date night we ate at a local restaurant and then went to see the new Spiderman movie. It was pretty good. Out of all the Spiderman actors over the years, I think Tom Holland is the best.
On Saturday, we watched Peanut since Therese had to work and then she headed out with friends for a night out before her nursing classes start back up on Monday. It rained during the day.
On Sunday, Peanut and I were going to go to Mass, but he had a rough night with teething, and I was having stomach issues from eating out on Friday. I must have gotten gluten contamination somehow. I worked on my Sunday school lesson plans and reorganizing my files for the upcoming year. I still have to get into the classroom to set up and clean.
Let's get on with Happy Homemaker Monday with our beautiful hostess Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to stop in and say hey there.
The Weather~
We've had cooler temps this past week and it seems to be the same pattern for this upcoming week. I was hoping it would be warm enough for Peanut to get in his pool one or two more times for we're done for the season. He can sit up now, so I know he'll enjoy it. Maybe on Thursday when it's 86.
Monday~ Sunny,78*
Tuesday~ Sunny, 81*
Wednesday~ Sunny, 81*
Thursday~ Chance of Thunderstorms, 80*
Friday~ Sunny, 83*
Saturday~ Partly Sunny, 81*
Sunday~ Partly Sunny, 84*
As I Look Out My Window~
The sun is barely up. I see my flowers blooming on the porch. I don't mind fall, but I hate seeing all my flowers slowly turn brown and die. I hear the crows calling. We've had a flock that have hung out here all summer. I haven't minded them because I read one time that they help keep hawks away. We haven't had any hawk attacks this summer, so I guess there's some truth to it. The crows can be a little loud at times.
Right Now I Am ~
The house is quiet. A pretty rare thing now a days with a baby in the house. I've given Maddie her meds so now the dogs have to wait an hour until they can have food. I'm glad here lab work is clear, and her kidneys are working perfectly, but having to give meds 3 times a day is not fun. She is starting to fight it. If you have a dog, you understand. Just a friendly reminder, do not leave chewable pills down. They taste good and dogs will eat them all up.
Thinking and Pondering~
Our little Peanut is 6 months old already. It's hard to believe. He's sitting up and trying to scoot around the room. Crawling is probably right around the corner... that's kind of scary. I know times flies when you have children, but I swear it feels like it's flying by even faster with this sweet little boy. He is such a happy baby and is always smiling. He really is a good baby.
How am I Feeling~
I'm feeling pretty good. My stomach is still bothering me but that's nothing new. My eyes have been itchy, so there is definitely something bothering my allergies right now. I know our Vet says when the mums are out the allergies pick up for dogs so maybe there's something there.
What's for Breakfast~
I'm drinking coffee as I write up this post which I spilled as I placed the mug on the end table. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days.
Since February, things have been a little off around here. I think we all have had to find our new normal with a baby in the house. I slacked horribly when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. So, I decided to simplify things. I'm going to eat 3 main meals for breakfast: eggs with yogurt and fruit, a protein shake, or oatmeal with fruit. So today I'm eating eggs and fruit.
Looking Around the House~
I'm starting a deep clean and baby proofing. I figured I'd go from room to room and clean thoroughly and Peanut proof the house, so he'll be safe. You really do forget how much work little ones are gone.
On the To-Do List This Week~
Monday~ Chiro appointment, watch Peanut
Tuesday~ Hair appointment, watch Peanut
Wednesday~ Therese has a doctor's appointment, trip to Trader Joes
Thursday~ Watch Peanut
Friday~
Saturday~
Sunday~ Mass and a Catechist meeting for the upcoming year, watch Peanut
Blue
On My Reading Pile~
I have 3 ARC books from BookSirens that I need to read and write up a review for. One is due in September. The other two books I have 90 days to finish.
The Long Way Home by Helen Dwyer
Moonlight Shadow Mysteries Harvest Moon Book 1 by Blake Rivers
A Match for Katie by Reese Marley (Review is due on September 19th)
I'm still reading...
Age Like a Girl by Dr. Mindy Pelz
Fascinating Womanhood by Helen B. Andelin
Buttons & Devotion Beyond Buttons Book 3 by Penelope Sky
On TV this week~
I keep meaning to watch The Devil Wears Prada 2 on Disney. I just need to find the time.
Therese and I were talking about watching the Marvel movies and shows to prepare for the movie that is coming out in December. There's a few we missed and lots that I have forgotten.
Netflix~
Grey's Anatomy
Found
Rizzoli and Isles
Sullivan's Crossing
On the Menu this Week~
Monday~ Chicken piccata meatballs with egg noodles
Tuesday~ Buffalo chicken rice bowl
Wednesday~ Shredded chicken tacos, rice, and corn
Thursday~ Chicken fried rice
Friday~ Pizza
Saturday~ Eat out
Sunday~ Lasagne
If I Have a Few Minutes to Myself, I Will~
I honestly don't get to many free moments right now. After my hair appointment, I plan on doing a few returns, head to Hobby Lobby to look at fall and Christmas decorations. I need to find some kid friendly decorations since Peanut will be crawling and possibly walking by then.
I'd love to get him the Step 2 My First Christmas tree
and the Step 2 My First Gingerbread House and the My First Snowman
I just think they are just too cute for little ones.
One of My Simple Pleasures~
A mocha latte from the farmer's market up the road from us. It opened up this year, and they have delicious gourmet coffee. It rather strange to have such good coffee close by because we live way out in the country. The next closest thing to us is a Sheetz gas station.
From the Camera~
Inspirational Quote/Bible Verse/Faith/Funny Quote~











No comments:
Post a Comment