Good morning, my dear friends! Happy last Monday of August. Can you believe tomorrow is the first day of September? I honestly have no idea where summer went to. It always seems to go by way to quickly for me. I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend. My hubby was off on Friday, so it seemed like a 3-day weekend here. We worked around the house on Friday and Saturday.
On Sunday, Michael and Hubby went fishing. Therese had to work. Peanut and I went to church and I had a Sunday school meeting for the upcoming year. He was so good. He is such a sweet baby.
So, let's get started with Happy Homemaker Monday with our beautiful hostess, Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to stop in, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and say hi.
The Weather in My Neck of the Woods~
Yesterday was beautiful in the morning. The temperature was so nice. It got more humid as the day went on. When I left the church, it started to rain and then it poured like crazy. The heavy downpour scared poor Peanut. Thankfully it didn't last long since I was driving home.
We have a few days of high heat this week and then it looks like it cools down again. I'm sure we'll have a few more high temp days. This is Virginia and our weather can be a little crazy.
Monday~ Thunderstorms, 88/70**
Tuesday~ Sunny, 93/73*
Wednesday ~ Sunny, 92/71*
Thursday~ Sunny, 94/71*
Friday~ Rain, 88/66*
Saturday~ Sunny, 81/59*
Sunday~ Sunny, 78/56*
As I Look Out My Window~
It's overcast right now. I guess the storms are slowly rolling in. I was hoping for a sunny day today so I could wash and hang out the bedding. I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow. My flowers are a little droopy. I guess we got some rain last night. The porch is wet. I don't see any birds flying around so I'm not sure where they all are. Normally, I can see yellow finches and cardinals in the morning.
What am I Doing Right Now~
The dogs and cats have all been fed. Poor Maddie had an accident in the house, so I've cleaned that up. I had to clean up a potted plant that one of the cats knocked down. I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down to type of this post. I did check my phone and saw a text from my niece who is traveling through Italy right now. She sent me a picture of the St. Peter's Basilica.
Thinking and Pondering~
I'm trying to figure out how to get everything I need done... lol. There never seems to be enough time in the day to get it all done. I keep telling myself one day at a time.
How I'm Feeling~
I have a slight headache. Perimenopause is driving me crazy. I'm debating on making an appointment with Mid-Heath to talk about my options. I hate taking meds and I'm not 100% trusting of HRT, but I need to do something. You would think after puberty, years of a menstrual cycle, and childbirth women would get a break as we aged. Nope, not happening!
What's on My Nightstand~
My kindle, a lamp, a burp cloth, and a few baby toys.
What's for Breakfast~
Right now, I'm drinking my coffee with my collagen in it. I use a chocolate collagen to give it some flavor. I'll have eggs and toast later while I feed Peanut oatmeal and applesauce.
Looking Around the House~
I need to vacuum again. I've been using Rosie, my iRobot everyday but she vacuums like a drunk person. I watch her go from room to room and wonder what type of pattern she actually does. If she has a pattern at all! She does help but, I still have to do a thorough job 2-3 times a week. I saw a few outlet covers that I still need to plug. I really need to get on my hands and knees to baby proof the house. Peanut is getting up on his hands and knees rocking, so I don't think crawling is too far off.
On My To-Do List This Week~
Laundry
Clean the bathroom
Organize sewing room
Organize my Sunday school files
Happening This Week~
Monday~ Watch Peanut and my mom is coming down for a few days
Tuesday~ Watch Peanut & Visit with Mom
Wednesday~ Mom leaves
Thursday~ Vet appointment for Blue & Ruby, Watch Peanut
Friday~ Watch Peanut
Saturday & Sunday~ Watch Peanut
On My Reading Pile~
A Match for Katie by Reese Marley (ARC Read) I'm almost done. It's not a bad book, but I wouldn't say it's a great book either. I'll share a review sometime next week.
I finished Age Like a Girl: How Menopause Rewires Your Brain by Dr. Mindy Pelz. I know a lit of people recommended it. I didn't find it that helpful. It talked a lot about finding yourself, finding things to do for you, finding quiet time for yourself. That's all great and sounds good, but not everyone can do that. Some of us in Perimenopause are still raising kids or taking care of families. It's probably a good book for a woman who is an empty nester, no longer works, and is trying to figure out what to do with their time. That is not this woman! I'm still trying to figure out how to exercise with Peanut.
What I'm Listening To~
Dolly, of course
Country music. I've been focuses more on female country artists lately.
On TV this week~
Netflix
Grey's Anatomy (for the hundredth time)
Found (I just finished)
I need a new series to start. Any suggestions?
On the Menu this Week~
Monday~
Tuesday~
Wednesday~
Thursday~
Friday~
Saturday~
I have no clue. With my mom coming down, I haven't really planned anything yet. Maybe, I do that in a bit. With Michael moved out, Therese working nights, meal planning and cooking is a little weird now. It's hard to go back to planning and cooking for just 2 again.
What I am Sewing, Quilting, and Creating~
I wish, I was working on something. I can't seem to find the time. I need to clean off my craft and sewing tables before I can do anything.
My Simple Pleasures~
Finding time to sit down and read quietly for a bit.
From the Camera~
Praying For~
My parents
My sister and her family
My husband and son
My daughter
My little Peanut
Parton family
Our country
Friends and family
Something Cute~
I like 1 and 2!
Inspirational Quote/Bible Verse/Faith~
"The way I see it,
if you want the rainbow,
you gotta put up with the rain."
~ Dolly Parton






No comments:
Post a Comment