Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge~ August , 19, 2026

Please note that posts may contain affiliate links. If you choose to click on a link, add it to your cart, and complete your purchase, I will receive a small percentage. We are very grateful for this additional source of income. Thank you.







Hello friends!  I'm joining Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday's Hodgepodge. Each week, she hosts a weekly link-up that is a collection of questions for bloggers to answer. It's to help bloggers get to know each other better and have a little bit of fun! It's a great way to hang out with friends. So, grab a cup of coffee or tea if you prefer and join in on the fun. 




So, what is a hodgepodge? A hodgepodge is an unorganized mixture of various things, a jumble of items that don't belong together. 

Here are this week's questions and my answers for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge~ 



1. August 19th is National Aviation Day...do you like to fly? Last time you were on an airplane? The date is chosen in honor of the history and development of aviation and celebrated on the birthday of Orville Wright. Have you ever been to the Kitty Hawk area of North Carolina? The city of Dayton in Ohio (their birthplace)?

I don't mind flying. When I first started flying in my 20s. I hated taking off. 
The last time I flew was in September of 2025. The hubby and I were heading to Utah and Arizona to visit the Grand Canyon and the Mighty Five National Parks. 

I have been to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. We've been to the Outer Banks for a beach vacation 4 times. I do have to admit that we've never visited the Wright Brothers museum there. We've also been to Dayton, Ohio too. I have no clue if there is a museum dedicated to the brothers there or not. Now, I feel the urge to google and research it more. 




2. In what area of your life do you tend to 'wing it'? Is this an area you should be winging? 

LOL... everything right now. Having a 6-month-old in the house definitely shakes things up again. I love it, but planning your day can only get you so far now. I can have my whole day planned out but then Peanut can change all that in a few minutes. I forgot how time consuming a baby is and how you have to plan less during the day. Baby cuddles are way more important anyway. They only are so little for a tiny bit.




3. A favorite book, song, or movie that relates to flight in some way?   

Wow, I really had to think about this one. 

Song~ Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver is the first song to pop up in my mind.  I wouldn't say it's a favorite, but it is well known. 

Book~ The Things We Leave Unfinished by Rebecca Yarros. It has a diary from World War II and there are pilots flying at times. It's not strictly to do with flight, but it does have World War II pilots and a wonderful, emotional story. I highly recommend it. 

Movie~ The first movie that popped in my mind was UP by Disney. How can you top a house that floats away with balloons. 

4. Soft serve, gelato, sherbet, frozen yogurt, or good old fashioned ice cream...what's your pleasure? Your favorite flavor? How often do you indulge?  

Sadly, I can't eat regular ice cream. I can have almond milk or coconut milk ice cream. I like chocolate and peanut butter flavors. Chocolate with peanut butter chucks is the best. It's hard to find flavors I'll eat in dairy free and gluten free. A lot of the dairy free brands put non gluten free pieces in them. I don't eat it often because I can't find the flavors I like locally. I can't remember the last time I ate ice cream. It was probably last summer. I haven't had any this summer. 

5. I never get tired of______________________. 

I never get tired of reading a good book. There's something about being drawn in and becoming part of the book. I love it when the characters start to feel like family and when you're done, you're left wanting for more. 

The last really good book that I read was The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros. 






6. My Random Thought

Books, really good books. I know I'm not an amazing writer hence why I don't write books. I do consider myself a book snob at times. It's probably from having to read Shakespeare and all the classics starting int middle school. (if not sooner). I'm finding too many books now a days are not good. They're written with very simple language. Books geared for adults feel like a book for a 4th grader with how it is written. The plots are all the same. I can't tell you how many times I start to read a book, and I suddenly realize that I read it already from a different, better author. It's said that the stories feel copied and that they lack a real feel of connection with the reader. And don't get me started with all the typos. If I buy a book, I expect it have been proofread. I have stopped reading books if I find more than 5 typos within the first 2 chapters. I think it's too easy to write a book and have it published now a days. 


                                                          Enjoyed this post? 

Never miss out on future posts by following us


Till Next Time,

Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram