Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up


In my life this week.... Relaxing but busy. Soccer, choir, co-op, and violin are over. We are now at home a little more. We did go away and visit family. We celebrated my great uncle's 99th birthday. We spent the day with my grandfather, who just turned 92! We visited my mom and dad. The kids had fun spending time with their grandparents. We are planning on going back up in July. While back home, we visited my old parish. It was built in 1898.  The kids loved the stain glass windows and thought the Stations of the Cross plaques were beautiful. They said they would like them to be in our church. They were able to see what a high altar looks like in person. The Mass was not like I remembered. It was a little too relaxed for me. The altar servers where talking on the altar and not really paying attention, which I found disturbing. The choir director stood on the altar and that seemed distracting to me. It made you forget why we were there. The most heartbreaking abuse I saw was the amount of people that left right after communion. I just want to scream..."You can't give Jesus an hour of your time!"

After coming back from my parent's house, we got chickens.


So we have been getting used to chickens.


We have been training our dog not to eat the chickens!


In our homeschool this week....we did our end of the year testing. We do the CAT test from Seton. The kids are glad to have it done and out of the way. Now we will be doing our fun learning.

What I am working on....weeding the garden and flower beds. We have been rearranging the flower beds too. Trying to make them more pleasing to the eye. I am also researching flowers for our Mary garden. We are working on our chicken coop, so our girls will have their own little space. Right now, they are living in Princess P's playhouse. The kids and I have been working on de-cluttering and trying to get on a routine so that the house will stay clean....wishful thinking on my part.

What I am reading.....I checked out every book our library had on chickens. I am almost finished with the books. A city girl like me had a lot to learn. I checked out books on raising goats too. We are debating getting goats too.







What the kids are reading..... Lego Man is reading a book about a World War II soldier. I can't remember the name of the book. He finished Pinocchio, so he is now enjoying his free read.
He has to read 1 classic book  for ever fluff book he reads. Sometimes he has to read 2 classics to read a book of his choice. It depends on how well he did with the classic.
Princess P is reading through our collection of Berenstain Bear books.



They were favorites of mine as a child!


How we have been spending our summer days.... Riding bikes, taking walks, flying kites, talking to chickens, spending time with friends and family. I love when life slows down!

What I am praying for......Our country and the direction it is going. My children and what the future holds. My grandfather whose dementia is getting worse. His body is slowly giving out and I am realizing that he will not be around forever. This is hard for the little girl that still resides within me.

What Princess P is praying for.....a baby! She has been asking for a baby sister and baby brother for months now. Maybe God will hear her prayers. I would always love a sweet little baby to hold again. Sadly, my babies are too big to cuddle on my lap now.






Linking up with....The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up7 Quick TakesFriendship FridayNo Ordinary Blog Hop, Friday Flash Blog, Homeschool Review, and Live and Learn

1 comment:

  1. I need to get out in my front flower bed and re-weed it. I too love when the school year slows down and we can enjoy the fun things to do in summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram