Friday, October 11, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up

In our homeschool this week... We had a field trip to a cavern this Monday with our homeschool coop. It was lead by a wonderful young man. The kids had a blast and really enjoyed looking at the rocks. It was a little chilly for me down  there. I brought a jacket but my fingers, toes, and nose were so cold. The rest of the week was spent playing catch up. Last week we visited the grandparents, so we had to readjust the schedule so we don't fall behind.

In our life this week...school work and cleaning. I am still trying to purge to get rid of the clutter that seems to keep multiplying in the house. I swear it seems like for every bag I take out two more bags appear. After being away last week, we spent most of the week at home. No one wanted to go anywhere.

On our little homestead....the girls are laying regularly. We are thrilled with the fresh eggs we are getting. While we away, the girls decided to DESTROY my basil plant. I was planning on drying the leaves when I got back from our visit, but obviously the girls had a different plan..

What I am reading....Family Baggage by Monica McInerney.



I finished it last night. It was O.K. I wouldn't say it was amazing but it was a quick and easy read. It worked well as a relaxing book to read to unwind at night. It did stress the importance of having family, which is always a good thing.

What the kids are reading...Lego Man is reading the Guardians of Ga'hoole.


He had started the Spiderwick Chronicles series, but he found it too easy. Sometimes mama is right.

Princess P is reading various Halloween books and Saint books. I assume she is preparing for Halloween and All Saint's Day.

What I am working on....I have been researching ideas for the kids All Saint's Day costumes. Both them want to be their favorite saint. Princess P wants me to make her a Saint Terese costume and Lego Man is hoping for a Saint Francis of Assisi. I am also working on a new tree skirt for our Christmas tree and new stockings for the family. I have a lot of sewing to do between now and Christmas.



Linking up with....The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up7 Quick TakesFriendship FridayNo Ordinary Blog HopHomeschool ReviewFamily Fun Friday, and Live and Learn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram