Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Dear Friend,..............Love, Jesus

Dear Friend,

How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk to me too. I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you---- I waited. You never came. It hurt me----but I still love you becasue I am your friend.

I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk. I have so many gifts for you! You awoke and rushed off to work. My tears were in the rain.

If only you would listen to me! Ilove you! I try to tell you in the blue skies and in the quiet green grass. I whisper it in leaves on trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the bird love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean, and bigger than the biggest need in your heart!

Ask me! Talk with me! Please don't forget me. I have so much to share with you. I won't hassle you any further. It is YOUR decision. I have chosen you and I will wait....because I love you.


Your Friend, 
Jesus


When my grandmother passed away 24 years ago, this poem was found in her belongings. I have kept it in my personal collection ever since. It always makes me stop and think. We claim we are too busy for church and prayer. It's sad how we have time for other "more important" things, but the one thing that could get us into Heaven we put off.
When we stand before God, do we want to tell Him we were too busy for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram