Friday, November 15, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up

In my life this week....a new puppy to heal the pain of a lost friend. We have been busy training this sweet little girl.


Lego Man turned 10!! Where have 10 years gone. It seems like yesterday that I held that sweet baby in my arms singing him to sleep. Time goes by way too quick. We had pizza for dinner and a homemade yellow cake with butter cream frosting for dessert. He will be having a party to celebrate the big 10 in a few weeks. He is so excited to be celebrating with his friends!

In our school this week....playing catch up. After last weeks tragic event, we are a few days behind in our school work. So we headed back to the daily grind. I ordered All About Spelling to see if it will help Princess P with her spelling. She has been struggling with it, so I wanted to find  program that might help her out. We have finally finished up our Massachusetts state study! This past month has been so hectic that our state study has been forgotten about.

What I am reading....  Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

                                            

What the kids are reading at bedtime...... Lego Man has started the 2nd book in the series Guardians of Ga'Hoole The Journey

Princess P is reading the American Girl Molly books. She is reading these all by herself. I am so proud of how much her reading has improved this past year! 




What we have been working on.....we are almost done with our thorough cleaning of the house. We have cleaned ceiling fans, baseboards, pulled furniture out to clean behind it, etc. My goal is to leave no stone unturned in this house. Next week, we move to the basement...ugh. We really had to organize things that way the puppy didn't eat everything...which is is set on doing. This will take all week. I really want to get it organized , so that I can set up my sewing machine and start sewing. my goal is to start making little girl skirts and dresses. I definitely post about when I get my "shop" going!

On our little homestead.... the pig is finally gone. The slaughter house called and said she weighed a whopping 372 pounds! No wonder she scared me to death when she chased us. Two of the girls are still molting. Those two girls look so pathetic.




The others are done. We are getting about 2-3 eggs a day now. 

What I am praying for....my grandfather. 

My granddaddy with Princess P

 Hospice has been called in and they are saying 6 months or less. He's 92, so we know the time is near for him to return home to Heaven. I think he is ready. He is wheelchair bound now and on oxygen. I know he doesn't want to live that way. It's been 24 years since my grandma passed and I know she is waiting for him. I think I am slowly coming to peace with the fact that his time here on earth is almost done. It will be hard when he dies, but I know he will be happy in Heaven.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new puppy, she is very cute. I'm sorry for the departure of your last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eventful week:) Again, so sorry about the loss of your pet....just so sad....

    Happy Bday to your son., as well...praying for your grandfather...
    I read that Picoult book a while ago and really liked it. I find her kind lof dark to read one of the other so I've taken a break and it's been about a year since I've read her. I'm into D Macomber now...do you know her? Very light, sweet stories....and inn in WA....Inn at Rose Harnor , I think is one title.
    You might enjoy her stuff...not the Harlequin books, but her own...she has a series about knitting ( A Good Yarn) xoxoxo

    Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. I love D Macomber books. I read a book by her a few weeks ago. They are very light and our sweet tender tales.
      I didn't know she had a series about knitting. I'll have to check it out. I have been slowly learning to knit and crochet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram