Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Second Blog Award~ Homeschool Liebster Award

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my email today to discover I had received my second blog award.   Thank you to Nicole over at Schooling in the Sun for nominating me for this award.


What a wonderful way to encourage fellow homeschooling mamas who blog!

Now it's my turn to pass this onto more homeschooling bloggers.

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Decide on 11 questions to ask your nominees.
4. Choose 11 bloggers who have 200 or less followers.
5. Let each blogger know about their award.
6. Thank the wonderful blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog!

11 Facts about Me

1. I don't eat red meat or pork.
2. I have swam with dolphins.
3. I have lived in 4 states...so far.
4. I am an animal lover. 
5. I enjoy sewing and creating clothes for my daughter.
6. I absolutely dispose spiders and snakes.
7. I would love to live somewhere warm. 
8. I have Raynaud's Syndrome, so I don't like to get cold.
9. I have naturally curly hair that I hated as a child.
10. I was a cheerleader in high school.
11. We have been homeschooling for 5 years now.

Answers to Nicole's Questions

1. What is my favorite holiday?

Christmas! We love preparing for the birth of our Lord. We start decorating after Thanksgiving and leave our decorations up until the Baptism of our Lord.

2. Beach vacation or ski vacation?

Beach vacation! I hate being cold and I have never been skiing.

3. Do you have any animals at your house and what are they?

We have 5 animals at the moment. A Border collie, 3 cats, and a pig!

4. Favorite Bible Verse?

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

5. Do you shop online?

Yes! I buy most of my children's school books online.

6. What is your favorite TV show?

None, I don't watch much TV.

7. What is your favorite subject to teach?

Art

8. Is this your favorite subject, too?

Yes, I studied art in college, as well as fashion

9. Do you have a facebook page?

Yes!

10. What is your favorite out of the house activity to do with your kids?

We love taking hikes through our woods and heading to the park for some playtime.

11. Did you have a honeymoon? Where did you go?

We did not take a honeymoon after our wedding. We did take a cruise for our 1 year anniversary.


Eleven Questions to Answer

1. How long have you home-schooled?

2. What type of curriculum do you use?

3. Do you have any pets?

4. What is your favorite season?

5. What was the best school lesson have you taught?

6. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?

7. Do your kids play any musical instruments?

8. Do you school year round or do you follow the school system?

9. What would be your dream vacation to take with your hubby?

10. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

11. Why did you decide to homeschool?


My Nominations

1, Rebecca@ Raventhreads

2, Tonia@ The Sunny Patch

3. Robin@ Living My Portion

4. Christy@ Unexpected Homeschool






10. Kendra@ Catholic All Year



Congratulations!











6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination, Monique! Loved reading your entry here. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. Congratulations on a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are so welcome. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award! :-) I love learning more about my blogging friends. God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I would love to nominate your blog for an award. You have some wonderful ideas on your blog. When reading your posts, your love for your family just pours out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nomination! Your blog is lovely, and I'm enjoying reading through posts. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique-\You're a doll!!
    Thank you SO very much for this lovely honor. You truly made my nght!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram