Friday, February 22, 2013

Banana Nut Muffins


These muffins must taste great. Princess P and I made them and they have disappeared rather quickly. I decided to make banana muffins since we had 3 bananas that were going bad. The last two/three bananas we have always seem to turn brown before the kids can eat them. I don't eat bananas...yucky! It's a constituency thing for me. I try to eat them since they are good for you but I just find them mushy.

So Princess P and I made Banana Walnut Muffins to not waste the bananas. One of my big goals for this year is too NOT WASTE FOOD!

So here is the recipe for Princess P's Amazing Banana Walnut Muffins!


2 cups flour

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking powder

3 mashed bananas

3/4 cup milk ( I used 1% milk)

3 Tbs. vegetable oil

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 large egg

1/2 cup Walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. MIx well. In a separate bowl combine the bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir well. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly add the banana mixture. Stir the two together until just slightly moistened. Do not over mix. Fold in the walnuts. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pans. Fill each muffin half way. Bake for 22 minutes. Makes 32 muffins.



Linking up with...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram