Friday, February 22, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up

In my life this week....WOW! Another week has flown by. How come when we were young and had all the time in the world life seemed to drag on slowly. Now that we are older(and wiser?), there never seems to be enough time. The days just fly by. So what was my week filled with...laundry, cleaning.... the start of spring cleaning, a broken toilet that dear hubby fixed, more laundry, more cleaning, and days filled with my loving family

I did get my first blog award! Thank you to Nicky at Our Little Family Adventure.
 
In our home school this week.....Monday was co-op day. One of the girls brought in a sweet little bunny that got loose and was chased by 10 children. Of course, he ran and hid. If I had 10 children chasing me, I would run and hide. Tuesday, we stayed home and the kids worked on their Native American dream catchers. Wednesday was catch-up day for a few of our subjects...phonics and art history. We are currently studying Edgar Degas.



Thursday we continued our study of colonial Virginia. You can see what we are doing here. Overall it was a normal school day. On Friday, the kids worked on their Degas-inspired drawings.  Lego Man and Princess P have been trying out Spelling City. We received a free trial for an honest review.  If you are a homeschooler, you might be able to get a free trial too!
 
What am I working on...... I am currently finishing up a scarf for a dear friend. I started it months ago, but have been very lazy about finishing it up. Hopefully, I get it done before winter is over.
 
What are the kids working on.... MANNERS! We have had a big problem with them not treating each other with respect. They are rude and downright nasty to each other at times. There has been a lot of complaining going on to. There are times I think of the Calgon bubble bath commercial from the '80s...Calgon take me away. So we are working on doing things for each other whether we were asked to or not. Doing our chores with a cheerful, positive attitude! You would think with our Lent bean jar, it would be a reminder of what they should be focused on, but somehow they keep forgetting.
Princess P is working on her prayers for her First Confession this Saturday.....maybe that's why they have been so rotten lately. She wants to have a good list for Father!
Princess P is working on trying to keep her room clean for longer than 1 day. She cleans her room but has it destroyed by the next afternoon. I guess I should be happy that she is playing instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer scene. She loves to play with her dolls!
 
 
What are we reading......all of our wonderful books about Jamestown and Greek Myths. Lego Man is still reading White Fang and Princess P has been pulling different readers of the bookshelves.
 
What I am praying for.....my family and Pope Benedict XVI. I am also praying that the stuffy nose and headache I have doesn't turn into anything bigger.
 
My home school advice.....plan early! I am already planning and organizing ideas for next year. I want to have a summer off too. As a mama who mixes and matches curriculum and plans a lot of the work, I have to get a jump-start. I have some new things that I am looking at. Hopefully, next year will be fun.
What are you planning for your home school next year?
 
Linking up with.....
The Homeschool Mother's Journal, 7 Quick Takes, Live and Learn, Friendship Friday, Weekly Wrap-Up, and It's a Wrap

3 comments:

  1. wow, the new layout looks great...continued good luck and much fun blogging!
    Enjoy the rest of the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your blog and your wonderful week! Sounds like much learning and fun happened in your homeschool. Can we come and visit? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combination on your site...so soothing and inviting. Thanks for linking up and I hope you'll return this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram